Patchwork and Quilting - Stage 2
This variant is currently sold out
I am currently running a waiting list for this course. Please email or ring to enquire about the next available space.
General course times
- Mornings: 10.00am -12.30pm (5weeks)
- Evenings: 6.30pm - 9.00pm (5weeks)
The Patchwork and Quilting Stage 2 Sewing Course is designed for students who have completed Patchwork and Quilting Stage 1. As this is stage 2, students will already have the fundamental skills, meaning they are ready to move on to more complicated techniques.
Insetting seams to attach hexagons together, stitching on a curve, reverse appliqué and creating textures are all covered as well as paper piecing techniques such as the Pineapple Quilt Block, Log Cabin, how to bind a quilt and three or four other new techniques.
Students on this course often ask Joy for advice on larger projects and some even make a lap quilt!
- Advanced machine skills
- Using a rotary cutter
- Measuring and pressing accurately
- Sewing precisely using a ¼” foot and stitch in the ditch foot
- Piecing techniques:
- weekly: log cabin, paper piecing to do a pineapple block
- Quilting using Free Motion foot
- Detailed course notes
- 8 fat quarters (equivalent to 2 metres) - own choice
- Wadding and backing to complete one item
- Use of studio equipment and sewing machine